Every now and again my friends and I will engage in a debate about the validity of the WWE Hall of Fame. What the criteria is for being inducted (even there even is one), who’s in who shouldn’t be, who’s not in who should be, how low the bar is, etc…So I’ve compiled a list of wrestlers, tag teams, and non-wrestlers who deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame. Criteria includes Championship credentials, longevity, how I think the WWE would treat it, and “changing wrestling in some fashion.” I did not include guys a lot of young guys like CM Punk, for instance, due to lack of long term success.
The “Co-Headliners” category is not a knock on those guys, but are listed there because I (and probably the WWE) don’t feel they could be the anchor of the ceremony. Perhaps they didn’t “draw” as well or weren’t consistent main eventers or World Champions. Also, if they have passed away, I don’t feel like they could be the main draw as the lack of physical presence would not be a feel good moment.
Kurt Angle Ultimate Warrior
The Undertaker Lex Luger
Triple H Bruno Sammartino
John Cena Rob Van Dam
The Rock Christian
Kane Owen Hart
Randy Orton JBL
Mick Foley Kevin Nash
Chris Jericho Booker T
Big Show Randy Savage
The Rest Tag Teams
Brian Pillman The Dudley Boyz
Dr Death Steve Williams Harlem Heat
William Regal The Outsiders
Mark Henry The New Age Outlaws
Scott Hall Demolition
X-Pac The Hardy Boyz
Raven The Steiner Brothers
Taz The Nasty Boys
Sabu The Bushwackers
Diamond Dallas Page
Vince McMahon Trish Stratus
Stephanie McMahon Lita
Shane McMahon Chyna
Linda McMahon Michelle McCool
Vickie Guerrero Lilian Garcia
Teddy Long Miss Elizabeth
- Who’s ready for a two hour Legends House commercial?!
- An old school Mean Gene promo? SWEET.
- Nevermind; just a Sheamus monologue.
- Big Johnny laying down the law, a $500,000 fine for hitting the ref! Permanent probation!
- Johnny doing Smackdown Teddy Long style: TAG MATCH. D.Bryan & Del Rio vs Sheamus and Mean Gene. Dafuq?
- Cowboy Bob Orton giving Randy a pep talk. His arm is finally healed! Bet his Hep C hasn’t, though.
- I’m glad Mark Henry is getting another push. I get why he was jobbed out while he was hurt, but it was such a fall from grace. He’s been nothing but money for the last year.
- Was Kane really hiding behind a trash can?
- Kane delivered his “A little fun the entire family can enjoy” line very creepy. If he only displayed those acting chops in see no evil…
- Benny Camer ain’t no Barry Stevens.
- I LOVE that they’re giving jobbers promo time before getting killed by Ryback.
- Ryback: Like Pitbull with RVD tights.
- Holy SHIT what a clothesline.
- “FEED ME MORE” is an outstanding catchphrase.
- Heath Slater is on TV AGAIN?! That’s like twice this month!
- Don’t get me wrong, I really want Tyson Kidd and Justin Gabriel to be a real team. But Kidd/Slater with Jimmy Hart? That excites me.
- You know what makes Smackdown so great? Custom nameplates during entrances.
- I enjoy hearing Mick Foley back on commentary. A Mick Foley/Matt Striker would be outstanding.
- Jimmy Hart: annoying as hell/
- Foley with an Owen Hart quote!
- I like how one of the Usos is getting fat. Finally fulfilling their Samoan heritage.
- Piper’s Pit! D.Bryan! YES! YES! YES!
- So much for the YES chants being dead. DC crowd sucked ass last night.
- 2 out of 3 falls at Extreme Rules for the WORLD! HEAVYWEIGHT! CHAMPIONSHIP!
- Oh my God AJ is beyond adorable.
- Bryan holding his own against Piper on the mic. Nice.
- Khali/Natayla/Alicia Fox vs Drew McIntyre/The Bellas. Really? Natayla’s tits look great, though.
- I’m not sold on Damien Sandow yet. He’s like Sean O’Haire circa 2003 but not as interesting.
- Hacksaw vs Hunico? For real?
- Finally someone to save us! Cody Rhodes!
- A little Dusty on Cody promo action?
- Seems like every time Dusty is on TV, Cody always turns on him. Then they’re ok, then they’re bad again.
- I fail to see how the Dashing Cody Rhodes promo are embarrassing. That gimmick put him on the map!
- There is no reason for Howard Finkel to not have done ring announcing the entire night.
- YESYESYES & SISISI together at last. The crowd should be going crazy.
- Now Ricardo vs Mene Gene is a match I could get into.
- Oh great, all the Legends come to ruin this match. Del Rio high tails it and D.Bryan gets feed a Brogue Kick.
They had an excellent chance to showcase what Smackdown is all about: wrestling. Instead they waste our time with old guys and video packages. Cole did have a great line, “Look! It’s the walking dead!” Smackdown sucked, such a disappointment. The only good things were Ryback and Piper’s Pit. Other than that, no thanks. I could’ve been watching Hardcore Pawn!