2011 Draft Predictions part 2
The annual WWE Draft is upon us again (a bit early this year) so it’s time to analyze then over-analyze who we think will be switching brands this year. As of now it’s unknown about how many swaps will be made and because it’s only a two hour show we’ll keep it with five main guys then throw in a handful for the supplemental as well.
Smackdown to Raw
1) The Undertaker – I know we’ve been saying this for years, but this really feels like the end of the line for the Undertaker. Even though there’s a good chance he won’t be on television again until probably 2012, Taker needs as much exposure as possible, and Smackdown cannot provide him with that.
2) Drew McIntyre – A change of scenery should do the Super Scott some good. He’s been on the rise for some time now and I just don’t feel like he can reach his full potential on Fridays. Cena needs something to do before the Rock at Mania, and a fresh face for him would be good for everyone.
3) Kofi Kingston – I really struggeled with this one. I choose most of my Raw to SD picks based on the fact that there’s room to grow on Smackdown, and Kofi still has a ways to go before he’s huge. By putting Kofi on Raw, you’ll have that great upper tier guy who can hang with the main eventers and is super popular with the crowd. And with me picking Sheamus and the US Title to go to SD, I’d say put the IC Title back on Kofi and ship it with him to Mondays.
4) Justin Gabriel – As of right now, he has the most upside out of the entire Corre. Yes, Wade Barrett is probably the best in the ring and the mic, but Gabriel is highly marketable. And with the Corre seemingly done, it makes to move the upcoming star to the big show.
5) Alberto Del Rio – With the Miz (hopefully) going to Smackdown, that leaves a spot for a huge heel on Raw. And a World Champion too. On Monday, Del Rio will be the next huge heel on Raw. And on May 1st, he’ll be the World Champion. Del Rio also has everything to become Cena’s next major opponent.
As far as predicting the Supplemental Draft? That requires more and less thought at the same time. You have to take in account what’s best for the Superstars, but you also must realize it’s a crapshoot.
Raw to Smackdown: Ryder, Yoshi, Tyson Kidd, DiBiase
Smackdown to Raw: Slater, Awesome Kong (it counts!), JTG