Raw Musings 4/25/11
Just things I didn’t feel like tweeting about.
- Opening Raw with an already in-progress match? Dislike.
- Another dislike: commercials during matches! I’ll never get used to it.
- Really like the final four; 2 small guys (Kofi, Bourne) and 2 big guys (Mason, Show). Really shows off the diversity of the current roster.
- Legitimately SHOCKED Cena back to SD. The ratings must be worse than expected if they’re moving the franchise to Fridays.
You know who thinks the Hangover is funny? Folks who enjoy low brow mediocrity.
- Or maybe they moved Cena so they can edit out the boos?
- Really, it’s been a month, please take away Miz’s replica title and give him a real one, it’s embarrassing and disrespectful to everyone.
- With any luck Extreme Rules will be the end of Cole/Lawler. As much as we love everything that’s happened to Lawler over the last few months, it’s time to put an end to Michael Cole the character.
- I was skeptical, but I think I’m really going to like R-Truf.
- I will forever hate Stone Cold Steve Austin because of “What?”
- So glad they’re using more and more vignettes to build debuting characters recently. Del Rio, Sin Cara, and Kharma will benefit greatly with these slow builds.
- This LayCool tiff reminds me of a domestic dispute.
- Remember when Mysterio got drafted to Raw a few years ago? The Latino SD demographic dropped so low they moved him back. And if memory serves me correctly he hated Raw, allegedly.
- We need Matt Striker back on commentary solely to give the Superstars nicknames.
That Chili’s Triple Dinner sure does look good…damn effective advertising.
- Cody Rhodes noticeably trying to speak without his lisp. He shouldn’t hide it, it’s not only his but his dad’s too. It’s part of his heritage.
- Orton to Smackdown. I felt they weren’t gonna move Cena because Orton is his “insurance,” so to speak, in case Cena gets hurt. He’s still his insurance, just on Fridays.
- How sad is it that Michael Cole vs Jerry Lawler is the single most well constructed feud in the last year?
- Country whipping match? Should be good…if they remove the announcers and use WRESTLERS.
- I almost asked “Who the hell is that?” when I saw Ziggler in the ring. He doesn’t stand out AT ALL anymore. Shame.
- Makes sense to have Sin Cara on SD and Rey on Raw; that way you can sell masks on two days!!
- I can’t figure out why guys on the receiving show are excited about the new pick. Primo should be terrified Big Show is on Raw.
- I can’t help but notice that Rev Theory’s “Justice” directly steals from Rage Against the Machine’s “Killing in the Name.” The solo is near identical, it’s mind bottling.
- Unless they plan on pushing him hard, Mark Henry seems like a waste in this match.
- Del Rio is a natural fit on Raw, and if it wasn’t for Smackdown he would flounder terribly. All up and comers should want to be on Smackdown because that’s where you grow.
- Miz, Punk, and Del Rio belong together as the top heels in the company.
- So, did they just seal Christian’s World Heavyweight Championship?
And to those whom disagree with what we say, I say to you…I’ll go to the papers if I have to.