Raw Musings 5/9/11
– Alberto Del Rio must think he’s in England, driving on the wrong side of the stage and all.
– Even Michael Cole is on the wrong side of the table. This is just…weird.
– Rey Mysterio rocking the red and a Raw logo on the back of his mask. How tacky.
– I hope SOMEBODY, at some point, refers to Del Rio as Papi Chulo.
– I love how R-Truth is just straight up crazy now. He’s half-drunk grandpa crazy.
– Pretty good opening segment, I like how they’re integrating the SD guys that got drafted. And R-Truth is pure money.
– Such a stark difference between Raw and SD, even with the girls. Layla/Alicia Fox from Friday was actually a good match, but this tag match is an abortion.
– Nunzio is a better wrestler than he is a referee.
– OH MY! The Bellas actually using their heads and LEAVING before a Kharma murder.
– Kharma is going to either revolutionize the WWE Diva’s Division, or totally kill it via domination.
– I really hope CM Punk keeps his hair short. I hated it at first, but it just makes him look that much more a scumbag.
– Kane using some quick moves!
– Punk must be leaving for sure, because dude keeps getting jobbed.
– I like the development of Mason Ryan. They’re not throwing him to the wolves (yet) and might actually be trying to build him up for the eventual Batista return.
– BLACK REF!
– There is nothing new and improved about Dolph Ziggler. He got a shitty haircut, generic tights, stopped being super stylish backstage, and is kind of mean now. He actually had a personality too! Should’ve left a good thing alone.
– Nice underarm tan lines, by the way, Dolph.
– Something huge is going to come out of Christian losing the title. I just have a feeling…
– You know, if Teddy Long had just done his damn job in the first place, Christian wouldn’t have lost the title.
– More crazy Truth. More love from me.
– ZACK RYDER ON RAW~!
– So, we’re back to Raw and then the Raw Zone?
– Does the Over the Limit main event really need a stipulation? It’s okay to have regular matches on PPV, guys.
– Rielly has taken more Attitude Adjustments and finishers in general than anyone.
– I’m still on the fence with A-Ri; he’s pretty good in the ring and the mic, but I don’t know how far he’ll go.
– I knew we couldn’t go one show without Michael Cole ruining it. Please end it. He’s fine on Smackdown when he doesn’t do his gimmick. Ugh.
– Pretty classless mother’s day remarks, I must say.
– I still love the new US Title graphic.
– Good match thus far with Swagger and Kofi. Actual wrestling on Raw, and it’s good. Who’d a thunk it?
– Great back and forth match. Loved the Ankle Lock counter as Kofi jumped over the ropes.
– Here’s hoping Cole/Lawler FINALLY ends at Over the Limit. It’ll be six months too late, but it’s progress.
– Main event time. Thus far a pretty standard triple threat match, nothing special.
– Mysterio getting tripped up by his own feet, not Del Rio. Simple things like that they’re missing? No good.
– Some nice high flying by Mr Mysterio. Match picked up nicely after the commercial.
– Top rope hurricanrana!!!
– Slow start, but got real good real fast. Unfortunately, it’s going to be another lose to Cena at the PPV.
– Just a thought, but Cena should never be seen until his music hits the breakdown.
– Big spot for Truth to end the show. This is star-making 101.
Overall not an awful show, much better than last week’s by a longshot.